Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

General English Literature at Northern Kentucky University

Find Schools Near

General English Literature at Northern Kentucky University

The General English Literature major is part of the english language & literature program at Northern Kentucky University.

Here, you'll find out more about the major, including such details as the number of graduates, what degree levels are offered, ethnicity of students, average salaries, and more. We've also included details on how NKU ranks compared to other colleges offering a major in English.

Go directly to any of the following sections:

General English Literature Degrees Available at NKU

  • Bachelor’s Degree in English
  • Master’s Degree in English

NKU English Rankings

The bachelor's program at NKU was ranked #492 on College Factual's Best Schools for English list. It is also ranked #5 in Kentucky.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Value Colleges for General English Literature 347
Most Focused Colleges for General English Literature 397
Highest Paid General English Literature Graduates 676

Popularity of English at NKU

During the 2017-2018 academic year, Northern Kentucky University handed out 54 bachelor's degrees in general English literature. Due to this, the school was ranked #171 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 8% over the previous year when 59 degrees were handed out.

In 2018, 13 students received their master’s degree in English from NKU. This makes it the #82 most popular school for English master’s degree candidates in the country.

How Much Do English Graduates from NKU Make?

Salary of English Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

The median salary of English students who receive their bachelor's degree at NKU is $21,900. This is less than $26,850, which is the national median of all English majors in the nation who earn bachelor's degrees.

undefined

How Much Student Debt Do English Graduates from NKU Have?

Student Debt of English Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

While getting their bachelor's degree at NKU, English students borrow a median amount of $23,754 in student loans. This is higher than the the typical median of $23,250 for all English majors across the country.

undefined

The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the English program at NKU is $247 per month.

Student Debt of English Graduates with a Master's Degree

At NKU, a typical English student working on their master's degree borrrows about $25,975 in student loans. This means that these borrowers may have an easier time paying back their loans thatn the typical English graduate who borrows a median amount of $36,896.

undefined

Those master's students from NKU on a 10-year student debt repayment plan end up paying a median amount of $303 per month.

English Student Diversity at NKU

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the English majors at Northern Kentucky University.

NKU General English Literature Bachelor’s Program

Of the 54 students who graduated with a Bachelor’s in English from NKU in 2018, 15% were men and 85% were women.

NKU Gender Breakdown of General English Literature Bachelor's Degree Grads

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 87% of 2018 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Northern Kentucky University with a bachelor's in English.

Ethnic Diversity of General English Literature Majors at Northern Kentucky University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 3
Hispanic or Latino 3
White 47
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 1

NKU General English Literature Master’s Program

In the 2017-2018 academic year, 13 students earned a master's degree in English from NKU. About 69% of these graduates were women and the other 31% were men.

NKU Gender Breakdown of General English Literature Master's Degree Grads

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 100% of 2018 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Northern Kentucky University with a master's in English.

Ethnic Diversity of General English Literature Majors at Northern Kentucky University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 13
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 0

Areas of Concentration for English

General English Literature students may decide to concentrate in one of the following focus areas. Individual focus areas may not be available for all degree levels.

Concentration Annual Graduates
English 67

Related Major Annual Graduates
Writing Studies 9

View All General English Literature Related Majors >

References

Find Schools Near You