Social Work at Rhode Island Collegepublic administration & social service program at Rhode Island College.
Here, you'll find out more about the major, including such details as the number of graduates, what degree levels are offered, ethnicity of students, average salaries, and more. In addition, we cover how RIC ranks in comparison to other schools with social work programs.
Go directly to any of the following sections:
Social Work Degrees Available at RIC
- Certificate (Less Than 1 Year) in Social Work
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work
- Master’s Degree in Social Work
RIC Social Work Rankings
Popularity of Social Work at RIC
During the 2017-2018 academic year, Rhode Island College handed out 119 bachelor's degrees in social work. Due to this, the school was ranked #41 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 23% over the previous year when 97 degrees were handed out.
In 2018, 79 students received their master’s degree in social work from RIC. This makes it the #119 most popular school for social work master’s degree candidates in the country.
How Much Do Social Work Graduates from RIC Make?
Salary of Social Work Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree
Social Work majors who earn their bachelor's degree from RIC go on to jobs where they make a median salary of $29,900 a year. Unfortunately, this is lower than the national average of $31,000 for all social work students.
Salary of Social Work Graduates with a Master's Degree
Social Work majors graduating with a master's degree from RIC make a median salary of $48,100 a year. This is a better than average outcome since the median salary for all social work graduates with a master's is $42,800.
How Much Student Debt Do Social Work Graduates from RIC Have?
Student Debt of Social Work Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree
While getting their bachelor's degree at RIC, social work students borrow a median amount of $22,258 in student loans. This is not too bad considering that the median debt load of all social work bachelor's degree recipients across the country is $25,000.
The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the social work program at RIC is $231 per month.
Student Debt of Social Work Graduates with a Master's Degree
At RIC, a typical social work student working on their master's degree borrrows about $34,069 in student loans. This means that these borrowers may have an easier time paying back their loans thatn the typical social work graduate who borrows a median amount of $40,500.
Those master's students from RIC on a 10-year student debt repayment plan end up paying a median amount of $397 per month.
RIC Social Work Students
Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the social work majors at Rhode Island College.
RIC Social Work Bachelor’s Program
In the 2017-2018 academic year, 119 students earned a bachelor's degree in social work from RIC. About 80% of these graduates were women and the other 20% were men.
The majority of bachelor's degree recipients in this major at RIC are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 59% of students fell into this category.
The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Rhode Island College with a bachelor's in social work.
|Ethnic Background||Number of Students|
|Black or African American||16|
|Hispanic or Latino||24|
RIC Social Work Master’s Program
Of the 79 social work students who graduated with a master's degree in 2017-2018 from RIC, about 18% were men and 82% were women.
The majority of the students with this major are white. About 71% of 2018 graduates were in this category.
The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Rhode Island College with a master's in social work.
|Ethnic Background||Number of Students|
|Black or African American||2|
|Hispanic or Latino||13|
Areas of Concentration for Social Work
Social Work students may decide to concentrate in one of the following focus areas. Individual focus areas may not be available for all degree levels.
|Child Advocacy & Policy||28|
|Other Social Work||10|
Most Popular Related Majors
|Related Major||Annual Graduates|