Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Computer & Information Sciences at University of Houston

Find Schools Near

Computer & Information Sciences at University of Houston

Here, you'll find out more about the major, including such details as the number of graduates, what degree levels are offered, ethnicity of students, and more. Also, learn how U of H ranks among other schools offering degrees in computer and information sciences.

Go directly to any of the following sections:

Computer & Information Sciences Degrees Available at U of H

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Computer & Information Sciences
  • Master’s Degree in Computer & Information Sciences
  • Doctorate Degree in Computer & Information Sciences

U of H Computer & Information Sciences Rankings

U of H was ranked #68 on College Factual's most recent list of the best schools for computer and information sciences majors. This puts the bachelor's program at the school solidly in the top 15% of all colleges and universities in the country. It is also ranked #6 in Texas.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Computer & Information Sciences Colleges for Veterans 40
Best Colleges for Computer & Information Sciences 68
Most Focused Colleges for Computer & Information Sciences 498

Popularity of Computer & Information Sciences at U of H

During the 2017-2018 academic year, University of Houston handed out 396 bachelor's degrees in computer and information sciences. Due to this, the school was ranked #46 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 41% over the previous year when 280 degrees were handed out.

In 2018, 85 students received their master’s degree in computer and information sciences from U of H. This makes it the #140 most popular school for computer and information sciences master’s degree candidates in the country.

In addition, 19 students received their doctoral degrees in computer and information sciences in 2018, making the school the #34 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

Computer & Information Sciences Student Diversity at U of H

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the computer and information sciences majors at University of Houston.

U of H Computer & Information Sciences Bachelor’s Program

The computer and information sciences program at U of H awarded 396 bachelor's degrees in 2017-2018. About 80% of these degrees went to men with the other 20% going to women.

U of H Gender Breakdown of Computer & Information Sciences Bachelor's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from University of Houston with a bachelor's in computer and information sciences.

Ethnic Diversity of Computer & Information Sciences Majors at University of Houston
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 139
Black or African American 27
Hispanic or Latino 99
White 100
Non-Resident Aliens 15
Other Races 16

U of H Computer & Information Sciences Master’s Program

During the 2017-2018 academic year, 85 computer and information sciences majors earned their master's degree from U of H. Of these graduates, 66% were men and 34% were women.

U of H Gender Breakdown of Computer & Information Sciences Master's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from University of Houston with a master's in computer and information sciences.

Ethnic Diversity of Computer & Information Sciences Majors at University of Houston
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 9
Black or African American 3
Hispanic or Latino 3
White 6
Non-Resident Aliens 63
Other Races 1

Areas of Concentration for Computer & Information Sciences

Computer and Information Sciences students may decide to concentrate in one of the following focus areas. Individual focus areas may not be available for all degree levels.

Concentration Annual Graduates
Computer Information Systems 245
Computer Systems Analysis 155
Computer Software & Applications 49
Information Technology 37
Information Science 14

Related Major Annual Graduates
Engineering 1,178
Biological & Biomedical Sciences 483
Engineering Technologies 339
Physical Sciences 308
Mathematics & Statistics 165

View All Computer & Information Sciences Related Majors >

References

Find Schools Near You