Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Engineering at University of Missouri - Kansas City

Find Schools Near

Engineering at University of Missouri - Kansas City

We've gathered data and other essential information about the program, such as the ethnicity of students, how many students graduated in recent times, and more. Also, learn how UMKC ranks among other schools offering degrees in engineering.

Jump to any of the following sections:

Engineering Degrees Available at UMKC

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
  • Master’s Degree in Engineering

UMKC Engineering Rankings

The bachelor's program at UMKC was ranked #212 on College Factual's Best Schools for engineering list. It is also ranked #5 in Missouri.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Engineering Colleges for Non-Traditional Students 197
Best Colleges for Engineering 212
Highest Paid Engineering Graduates 260

Popularity of Engineering at UMKC

During the 2017-2018 academic year, University of Missouri - Kansas City handed out 103 bachelor's degrees in engineering. Due to this, the school was ranked #248 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 8% over the previous year when 112 degrees were handed out.

In 2018, 129 students received their master’s degree in engineering from UMKC. This makes it the #115 most popular school for engineering master’s degree candidates in the country.

UMKC Engineering Students

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the engineering majors at University of Missouri - Kansas City.

UMKC Engineering Bachelor’s Program

For the most recent academic year available, 85% of engineering bachelor's degrees went to men and 15% went to women.

UMKC Gender Breakdown of Engineering Bachelor's Degree Grads

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 65% of 2018 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from University of Missouri - Kansas City with a bachelor's in engineering.

Ethnic Diversity of Engineering Majors at University of Missouri - Kansas City
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 8
Black or African American 5
Hispanic or Latino 5
White 67
Non-Resident Aliens 9
Other Races 9

UMKC Engineering Master’s Program

In the 2017-2018 academic year, 129 students earned a master's degree in engineering from UMKC. About 19% of these graduates were women and the other 81% were men.

UMKC Gender Breakdown of Engineering Master's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from University of Missouri - Kansas City with a master's in engineering.

Ethnic Diversity of Engineering Majors at University of Missouri - Kansas City
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 3
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 31
Non-Resident Aliens 92
Other Races 2

Areas of Concentration for Engineering

Engineering students may decide to concentrate in one of the following focus areas. Individual focus areas may not be available for all degree levels.

Concentration Annual Graduates
Electrical Engineering 149
Mechanical Engineering 52
Civil Engineering 33

Majors Similar to Engineering

Related Major Annual Graduates
Computer & Information Sciences 239
Biological & Biomedical Sciences 144
Physical Sciences 127
Mathematics & Statistics 35
Natural Resources & Conservation 24

View All Engineering Related Majors >

References

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You