Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Industrial Engineering at University of South Florida - Main Campus

Find Schools Near

Industrial Engineering at University of South Florida - Main Campus

The Industrial Engineering major is part of the engineering program at University of South Florida - Main Campus.

Here, you'll find out more about the major, including such details as the number of graduates, what degree levels are offered, ethnicity of students, average salaries, and more. In addition, we cover how USF Tampa ranks in comparison to other schools with IE programs.

Jump to any of the following sections:

Industrial Engineering Degrees Available at USF Tampa

USF Tampa IE Rankings

The bachelor's program at USF Tampa was ranked #69 on College Factual's Best Schools for IE list. It is also ranked #4 in Florida.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Value Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Industrial Engineering 10
Most Popular Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Industrial Engineering 19
Best Value Doctor’s Degree Colleges for Industrial Engineering 21
Most Popular Master’s Degree Colleges for Industrial Engineering 29
Best Value Master’s Degree Colleges for Industrial Engineering 33
Most Popular Doctor’s Degree Colleges for Industrial Engineering 36
Most Focused Master’s Degree Colleges for Industrial Engineering 47
Most Focused Doctor’s Degree Colleges for Industrial Engineering 48
Best Industrial Engineering Doctor’s Degree Schools 48
Best Industrial Engineering Master’s Degree Schools 58
Best Industrial Engineering Bachelor’s Degree Schools 62
Most Focused Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Industrial Engineering 76

Popularity of IE at USF Tampa

During the 2019-2020 academic year, University of South Florida - Main Campus handed out 80 bachelor's degrees in industrial engineering. Due to this, the school was ranked #19 in popularity out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 11% over the previous year when 72 degrees were handed out.

In 2020, 32 students received their master’s degree in IE from USF Tampa. This makes it the #37 most popular school for IE master’s degree candidates in the country.

In addition, 3 students received their doctoral degrees in IE in 2020, making the school the #37 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

How Much Do IE Graduates from USF Tampa Make?

Salary of IE Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

The median salary of IE students who receive their bachelor's degree at USF Tampa is $52,500. This is less than $65,250, which is the national median of all IE majors in the nation who earn bachelor's degrees.

undefined

How Much Student Debt Do IE Graduates from USF Tampa Have?

Student Debt of IE Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

While getting their bachelor's degree at USF Tampa, IE students borrow a median amount of $22,125 in student loans. This is not too bad considering that the median debt load of all IE bachelor's degree recipients across the country is $23,750.

undefined

The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the IE program at USF Tampa is $230 per month.

IE Student Diversity at USF Tampa

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the IE majors at University of South Florida - Main Campus.

USF Tampa Industrial Engineering Bachelor’s Program

During the 2019-2020 academic year, 80 IE majors earned their bachelor's degree from USF Tampa. Of these graduates, 69% were men and 31% were women.

undefined

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from University of South Florida - Main Campus with a bachelor's in IE.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 2
Black or African American 5
Hispanic or Latino 14
White 18
Non-Resident Aliens 39
Other Races 2

USF Tampa Industrial Engineering Master’s Program

The IE program at USF Tampa awarded 31 master's degrees in 2019-2020. About 74% of these degrees went to men with the other 26% going to women.

undefined

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from University of South Florida - Main Campus with a master's in IE.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 1
Non-Resident Aliens 29
Other Races 1

Majors Similar to IE

Related Major Annual Graduates
Mechanical Engineering 262
Electrical Engineering 227
Civil Engineering 183
Chemical Engineering 147
Computer Engineering 95

View All Industrial Engineering Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You