Computer & Information Sciences at University of Vermont

Computer & Information Sciences at University of Vermont

Here, you'll find out more about the major, including such details as the number of graduates, what degree levels are offered, ethnicity of students, and more. In addition, we cover how UVM ranks in comparison to other schools with computer and information sciences programs.

Jump to any of the following sections:

Computer & Information Sciences Degrees Available at UVM

UVM Computer & Information Sciences Rankings

The bachelor's program at UVM was ranked #289 on College Factual's Best Schools for computer and information sciences list. It is also ranked #4 in Vermont.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Computer & Information Sciences Master’s Degree Schools 163
Most Popular Doctor’s Degree Colleges for Computer & Information Sciences 191
Most Focused Doctor’s Degree Colleges for Computer & Information Sciences 191
Best Computer & Information Sciences Bachelor’s Degree Schools 226
Most Popular Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Computer & Information Sciences 286
Best Value Master’s Degree Colleges for Computer & Information Sciences 401
Most Popular Master’s Degree Colleges for Computer & Information Sciences 458
Most Focused Master’s Degree Colleges for Computer & Information Sciences 517
Most Focused Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Computer & Information Sciences 567
Best Value Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Computer & Information Sciences 700

Popularity of Computer & Information Sciences at UVM

During the 2019-2020 academic year, University of Vermont handed out 88 bachelor's degrees in computer and information sciences. Due to this, the school was ranked #398 in popularity out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 15% over the previous year when 104 degrees were handed out.

In 2020, 8 students received their master’s degree in computer and information sciences from UVM. This makes it the #449 most popular school for computer and information sciences master’s degree candidates in the country.

In addition, 2 students received their doctoral degrees in computer and information sciences in 2020, making the school the #154 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

Computer & Information Sciences Student Diversity at UVM

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the computer and information sciences majors at University of Vermont.

UVM Computer & Information Sciences Bachelor’s Program

The computer and information sciences program at UVM awarded 88 bachelor's degrees in 2019-2020. About 86% of these degrees went to men with the other 14% going to women.

undefined

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 73% of 2020 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from University of Vermont with a bachelor's in computer and information sciences.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 5
Black or African American 3
Hispanic or Latino 3
White 64
Non-Resident Aliens 8
Other Races 5

UVM Computer & Information Sciences Master’s Program

Of the 8 computer and information sciences students who graduated with a master's degree in 2019-2020 from UVM, about 50% were men and 50% were women.

undefined

The majority of master's degree recipients in this major at UVM are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 63% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from University of Vermont with a master's in computer and information sciences.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 5
Non-Resident Aliens 1
Other Races 2

Computer & Information Sciences Majors

Computer and Information Sciences students may decide to major in one of the following focus areas. Individual majors may not be available for all degree levels.

Major Annual Graduates
Computer Science 86
Computer Systems Analysis 10

Majors Similar to Computer & Information Sciences

Related Major Annual Graduates
Natural Resources & Conservation 294
Biological & Biomedical Sciences 290
Engineering 232
Agriculture & Agriculture Operations 108
Mathematics & Statistics 88

View All Computer & Information Sciences Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Find Schools Near You