2021 Best Colleges for General Biology in Alaska
General Biology is a popular major and Alaska is the 51st most popular state for students studying this major. 111 of the 97,754 General Biology degrees earned last year were given by schools in Alaska. With so many options it can be difficult finding the right fit. This year's Best Colleges for General Biology in Alaska ranking analyzed 1 colleges and universities that offer a bachelor's degree in general biology. We look at over 20 factors to determine the top 0 colleges for General Biology students in Alaska.
Choosing a Great General Biology School
Your choice of general biology school matters. This section explores some of the factors we include in our ranking and how much they vary depending on the school you select. To make it into this list a school must excel in the following areas.
Overall Quality is a Must
A school that excels in educating for a particular major must be a great school overall as well. To make it into this list a school must rank well in our overall Best Colleges ranking. This ranking considered factors such as graduation rates, overall graduate earnings and other educational resources to identify great colleges and universities.
Better Early and Mid Career Salaries
A general biology degree from schools on this list typically translates into higher than average wages after graduation. A general biology bachelors degree from a school in Alaska helped students who graduated in 2015-2017 make $24,400 a couple years later.
Other Factors We Consider
In addition to the above, you should consider some of the following factors:
- Major Focus - How much a school focuses on General Biology students vs. other majors.
- Major Popularity - How many other general biology students choose this school.
- Accreditation - Whether a school is regionally accredited and/or a recognized general biology related accrediting body.
Our complete ranking methodology documents in more detail how we consider these factors to identify the best colleges for General Biology students in Alaska.
Best Schools to Study General Biology in Alaska
Best Biology Colleges in Alaska
It is hard to beat University of Alaska Anchorage if you wish to study general biology. Located in the large city Anchorage, UAA is a public school with a large student population.
Students who complete this degree report average early career wages of $24,400.More… Request Information
Best General Biology Colleges in the Far Western US Region
Explore all the Best General Biology Schools in the Far Western US Area or other specific states within that region.
Rankings in Majors Related to Biology
General Biology is one of 14 different types of Biological & Biomedical Sciences programs to choose from.
Majors Similar to Biology
|Related Major||Annual Graduates|
|Ecology, Evolution & Systematics Biology||21|
|Biochemistry, Biophysics & Molecular Biology||1|
Notes and References
- The bars on the spread charts above show the distribution of the schools on this list +/- one standard deviation from the mean.
- The Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), a branch of the U.S. Department of Education (DOE) serves as the core of the rest of our data about colleges.
- Some other college data, including much of the graduate earnings data, comes from the U.S. Department of Education’s (College Scorecard).
- Credit for the banner image above goes to Janderk. More about our data sources and methodologies.