2021 Best Colleges for General Biology in Nevada
General Biology is a popular major and Nevada is the 37th most popular state for students studying this major. 552 of the 97,754 General Biology diplomas earned last year were given by schools in Nevada. With so many options it can be a challenge finding the best choice. This year's Best Colleges for General Biology in Nevada ranking analyzed 2 colleges and universities that offer a bachelor's degree in general biology. We look at over 20 factors to determine the top 0 colleges for General Biology students in Nevada.
Choosing a Great General Biology School
The biology program you select can have a big impact on your future. Important measures of a quality biology program can vary widely even among the top schools. Below we explain some of the most important factors to consider before making your choice:
Quality Overall is Important
The overall quality of a school is important to ensure a quality education, not just how well they do in a particular major. To account for this we include a college's overall Best Colleges ranking which itself looks at a combination of different factors like degree completion, educational resources, student body caliber and post-graduation earnings for the school as a whole.
Graduates Earn More After College
General Biology graduates from schools on this list tend to earn more after college than those from other schools. Recent general biology graduates from Nevada colleges with a bachelors degree earned an average of $29,450 in 2017-2018.
Other Factors We Consider
In addition to the above, you should consider some of the following factors:
- Major Focus - How much a school focuses on General Biology students vs. other majors.
- Major Popularity - How many other general biology students choose this school.
- Accreditation - Whether a school is regionally accredited and/or a recognized general biology related accrediting body.
Our complete ranking methodology documents in more detail how we consider these factors to identify the best schools for General Biology students in Nevada.
Best Schools to Study General Biology in Nevada
Best Biology Colleges in Nevada
University of Nevada - Reno is a great option for students pursuing a General Biology degree. UNR is a fairly large public school located in the large city of Reno.
After getting their bachelor's degree, biology students typically earn about $32,400 in their early careers.More… Request Information
University of Nevada - Las Vegas is a great decision for students interested in a General Biology degree. UNLV is a fairly large public school located in the medium-sized city of Las Vegas.
Students who graduate from this program state that they receive average early career wages of $26,500.More… Request Information
Best General Biology Colleges in the Far Western US Region
Explore all the Best General Biology Schools in the Far Western US Area or other specific states within that region.
More General Biology Rankings in Nevada
General Biology Related Rankings by Major
One of 14 majors within the Biological & Biomedical Sciences area of study, General Biology has other similar majors worth exploring.
Most Popular Related Majors
|Related Major||Annual Graduates|
|Biochemistry, Biophysics & Molecular Biology||76|
|Neurobiology & Neurosciences||75|
|Microbiological Sciences & Immunology||57|
|Cell Biology & Anatomical Sciences||5|
Notes and References
- The bars on the spread charts above show the distribution of the schools on this list +/- one standard deviation from the mean.
- The Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), a branch of the U.S. Department of Education (DOE) serves as the core of the rest of our data about colleges.
- Some other college data, including much of the graduate earnings data, comes from the U.S. Department of Education’s (College Scorecard).
- Credit for the banner image above goes to Janderk. More about our data sources and methodologies.