2021 Best Colleges for General Biology in North Dakota
General Biology is a popular major and North Dakota is the 46th most popular state for students studying this major. 264 of the 97,754 General Biology degrees earned last year were given by schools in North Dakota. With so many choices it can be a challenge finding the best choice. This year's Best Colleges for General Biology in North Dakota ranking analyzed 1 colleges and universities that offer a bachelor's degree in general biology. We look at over 20 factors to determine the top 0 colleges for General Biology students in North Dakota.
Choosing a Great General Biology School
Your choice of general biology school matters. This section explores some of the factors we include in our ranking and how much they vary depending on the school you select. When choosing a school we recommend considering some of the following factors:
A Great Overall School
A school that excels in educating for a particular major must be a great school overall as well. To make it into this list a school must rank well in our overall Best Colleges ranking. This ranking considered factors such as graduation rates, overall graduate earnings and other educational resources to identify great colleges and universities.
Above Average Earnings After Graduation
A general biology degree from schools on this list usually results in above average earnings after graduation. A general biology bachelors degree from a college in North Dakota helped students who graduated in 2015-2017 make $33,600 a couple years later.
Other Factors We Consider
In addition to the above, you should consider some of the following factors:
- Major Focus - How much a school focuses on General Biology students vs. other majors.
- Major Popularity - How many other general biology students choose this school.
- Accreditation - Whether a school is regionally accredited and/or a recognized general biology related accrediting body.
Our complete ranking methodology documents in more detail how we consider these factors to identify the best schools for General Biology students in North Dakota.
Best Schools to Study General Biology in North Dakota
Best Biology Colleges in North Dakota
University of North Dakota is one of the best schools in the United States for general biology. Located in the small city Grand Forks, UND is a public college with a fairly large student population.
After graduation, biology students usually earn around $33,600 in the first five years of their career.More… Request Information
Best General Biology Colleges in the The Plains States Region
Explore all the Best General Biology Colleges in the The Plains States Area or other specific states within that region.
More General Biology Rankings in North Dakota
Best Value Colleges
Most Focused Colleges
Most Popular Online Schools
Best Online Schools
Rankings in Majors Related to Biology
General Biology is one of 14 different types of Biological & Biomedical Sciences programs to choose from.
Most Popular Majors Related to Biology
|Related Major||Annual Graduates|
|Microbiological Sciences & Immunology||21|
|Biochemistry, Biophysics & Molecular Biology||19|
|Ecology, Evolution & Systematics Biology||15|
|Physiology & Pathology Sciences||11|
Notes and References
- The bars on the spread charts above show the distribution of the schools on this list +/- one standard deviation from the mean.
- The Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), a branch of the U.S. Department of Education (DOE) serves as the core of the rest of our data about colleges.
- Some other college data, including much of the graduate earnings data, comes from the U.S. Department of Education’s (College Scorecard).
- Credit for the banner image above goes to Janderk. More about our data sources and methodologies.