Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

General Biology at University of North Dakota

Find Schools Near

General Biology at University of North Dakota

General Biology is one of the majors in the biological & biomedical sciences program at University of North Dakota.

We've gathered data and other essential information about the program, such as the average salary of graduates, ethnicity of students, how many students graduated in recent times, and more. Also, learn how UND ranks among other schools offering degrees in biology.

Jump to any of the following sections:

General Biology Degrees Available at UND

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Biology
  • Master’s Degree in Biology
  • Doctorate Degree in Biology

UND Biology Rankings

The bachelor's program at UND was ranked #105 on College Factual's Best Schools for biology list. It is also ranked #1 in North Dakota.

Ranking Type Rank
Best General Biology Colleges for Non-Traditional Students 30
Best General Biology Colleges for Veterans 32
Best Colleges for General Biology 105
Most Popular Colleges for General Biology 280
Most Focused Colleges for General Biology 800

Popularity of Biology at UND

During the 2018-2019 academic year, University of North Dakota handed out 89 bachelor's degrees in general biology. Due to this, the school was ranked #280 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 33% over the previous year when 67 degrees were handed out.

In 2019, 5 students received their master’s degree in biology from UND. This makes it the #257 most popular school for biology master’s degree candidates in the country.

In addition, 6 students received their doctoral degrees in biology in 2019, making the school the #85 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

How Much Do Biology Graduates from UND Make?

Salary of Biology Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

The median salary of biology students who receive their bachelor's degree at UND is $33,600. This is higher than $27,600, which is the national median for all biology bachelor's degree recipients.

undefined

How Much Student Debt Do Biology Graduates from UND Have?

Student Debt of Biology Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

While getting their bachelor's degree at UND, biology students borrow a median amount of $22,687 in student loans. This is not too bad considering that the median debt load of all biology bachelor's degree recipients across the country is $24,715.

undefined

The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the biology program at UND is $235 per month.

UND Biology Students

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the biology majors at University of North Dakota.

UND General Biology Bachelor’s Program

In the 2018-2019 academic year, 89 students earned a bachelor's degree in biology from UND. About 52% of these graduates were women and the other 48% were men.

UND Gender Breakdown of General Biology Bachelor's Degree Grads

The majority of bachelor's degree recipients in this major at UND are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 88% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from University of North Dakota with a bachelor's in biology.

Ethnic Diversity of General Biology Majors at University of North Dakota
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 2
Hispanic or Latino 3
White 78
Non-Resident Aliens 1
Other Races 4

UND General Biology Master’s Program

Of the 5 students who earned a master's degree in General Biology from UND in 2018-2019, 40% were men and 60% were women.

UND Gender Breakdown of General Biology Master's Degree Grads

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 100% of 2019 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from University of North Dakota with a master's in biology.

Ethnic Diversity of General Biology Majors at University of North Dakota
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 5
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 0

Related Major Annual Graduates
Zoology 12
Biochemistry, Biophysics & Molecular Biology 4
Microbiological Sciences & Immunology 1

View All General Biology Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You