2021 Top Nevada Men's D1 Basketball Schools
When it comes to choosing a college, student athletes have a lot of options - but not all of them are good. College Factual was founded, in part, to help students make the decision as to what would be the best school for them. Our Best Colleges for Division I Men's Basketball in Nevada ranking is part of that endeavor.
After analyzing 2 schools in Nevada, we came up with our list of those that offered the best educational experiences for D1 Men's Basketball athletes in Nevada. Instead of depending on subjective information, we focus on objective factors to determine this ranking. These factors include such things as the athletic competitiveness of the school and the school's overall quality. This means that a school must provide students with a great education in addition to having a good sports team if it wants to rank well.
We've developed a number of other tools and rankings to help you make your college decision. Start by filtering this list by location and then explore our other rankings that feature schools great for different groups of students such as online students or returnings adults.
You can create your own custom comparison that focuses on the factors most important to you using our tool, College Combat. If you're torn between two schools, you can use it to help you see how they stack up against one another. Bookmark it so you can compare any new schools that might interest you.
Top Colleges in Nevada for D1 Men's Basketball athletes in Nevada
See which schools came out on top of our ranking:
Our analysis found University of Nevada - Reno to be the best school for D1 Men’s Basketball athletes in Nevada in this year’s ranking. Located in Reno, Nevada, the large public school awarded 4,101 diplomas to qualified bachelor’s degree students in 2018-2019.
On the financial side of things, the D1 Men’s Basketball team at UNR made $4,706,010 in revenue. The academic progress rate of the team is 950.
UNR did well in our overall quality rankings, too. It placed #1 on our overall quality list.Request Information
The excellent sports programs at University of Nevada - Las Vegas helped the school earn the #2 place on this year’s ranking of the best schools for D1 Men’s Basketball athletes in Nevada. UNLV is located in Las Vegas, Nevada and, has a large student population. In 2018-2019, this school awarded 4,307 bachelor’s degrees to qualified undergraduates.
On the financial side of things, the D1 Men’s Basketball team at UNLV made $5,795,483 in revenue. The academic progress rate of the team is 964.
UNLV also took the #2 spot in our overall quality rankings.Request Information
Notes and References
*Avg Tuition and Fees and Avg 4-Year Grad Rate are for the top 2 schools only.
- The Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), a branch of the U.S. Department of Education (DOE) serves as the core of our data about colleges.
- Revenue and expense information comes from the U.S. Department of Education’s Equity in Athletics Data Analysis (EADA) website.
- The academic progress rate (APR) of each team was made available by the NCAA.
- Some other college data, including much of the graduate earnings data, comes from the U.S. Department of Education’s (College Scorecard).
- Information about the national average student loan default rate is from the U.S. Department of Education and refers to data about the 2016 borrower cohort tracking period for which the cohort default rate (CDR) was 10.1%.
More about our data sources and methodologies.