Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Mathematics at Boston University

Find Schools Near

Mathematics at Boston University

The Mathematics major is part of the mathematics & statistics program at Boston University.

Here, you'll find out more about the major, including such details as the number of graduates, what degree levels are offered, ethnicity of students, average salaries, and more. We've also included details on how Boston U ranks compared to other colleges offering a major in math.

Go directly to any of the following sections:

Mathematics Degrees Available at Boston U

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Math
  • Master’s Degree in Math
  • Doctorate Degree in Math

Boston U Math Rankings

The bachelor's program at Boston U was ranked #43 on College Factual's Best Schools for math list. It is also ranked #8 in Massachusetts.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Colleges for Mathematics 43
Best Mathematics Colleges for Veterans 48
Best Mathematics Colleges for Non-Traditional Students 58
Highest Paid Mathematics Graduates 72

Popularity of Math at Boston U

During the 2018-2019 academic year, Boston University handed out 102 bachelor's degrees in mathematics. Due to this, the school was ranked #37 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 13% over the previous year when 117 degrees were handed out.

In 2019, 4 students received their master’s degree in math from Boston U. This makes it the #207 most popular school for math master’s degree candidates in the country.

In addition, 7 students received their doctoral degrees in math in 2019, making the school the #68 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

How Much Do Math Graduates from Boston U Make?

Salary of Math Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

The median salary of math students who receive their bachelor's degree at Boston U is $44,400. This is great news for graduates of the program, since this figure is higher than the national average of $42,600 for all math bachelor's degree recipients.

undefined

How Much Student Debt Do Math Graduates from Boston U Have?

Student Debt of Math Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

While getting their bachelor's degree at Boston U, math students borrow a median amount of $25,000 in student loans. This is higher than the the typical median of $21,750 for all math majors across the country.

undefined

The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the math program at Boston U is $259 per month.

Boston U Math Students

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the math majors at Boston University.

Boston U Mathematics Bachelor’s Program

The math program at Boston U awarded 102 bachelor's degrees in 2018-2019. About 35% of these degrees went to men with the other 65% going to women.

Boston U Gender Breakdown of Mathematics Bachelor's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Boston University with a bachelor's in math.

Ethnic Diversity of Mathematics Majors at Boston University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 9
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 5
White 21
Non-Resident Aliens 61
Other Races 6

Boston U Mathematics Master’s Program

In the 2018-2019 academic year, 4 students earned a master's degree in math from Boston U. About 25% of these graduates were women and the other 75% were men.

Boston U Gender Breakdown of Mathematics Master's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Boston University with a master's in math.

Ethnic Diversity of Mathematics Majors at Boston University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 2
Non-Resident Aliens 1
Other Races 0

Majors Similar to Math

Related Major Annual Graduates
Applied Mathematics 113
Statistics 52
Other Statistics 2

View All Mathematics Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You