General Biology at Colorado State University - Fort Collinsbiological & biomedical sciences program at Colorado State University - Fort Collins.
We've gathered data and other essential information about the program, such as the average salary of graduates, ethnicity of students, how many students graduated in recent times, and more. In addition, we cover how Colorado State ranks in comparison to other schools with biology programs.
Jump to any of the following sections:
General Biology Degrees Available at Colorado State
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biology
- Master’s Degree in Biology
- Doctorate Degree in Biology
Colorado State Biology Rankings
|Best General Biology Colleges for Non-Traditional Students||32|
|Best Colleges for General Biology||61|
|Highest Paid General Biology Graduates||297|
Popularity of Biology at Colorado State
During the 2018-2019 academic year, Colorado State University - Fort Collins handed out 260 bachelor's degrees in general biology. Due to this, the school was ranked #55 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 7% over the previous year when 243 degrees were handed out.
In 2019, 75 students received their master’s degree in biology from Colorado State. This makes it the #16 most popular school for biology master’s degree candidates in the country.
In addition, 6 students received their doctoral degrees in biology in 2019, making the school the #85 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.
How Much Do Biology Graduates from Colorado State Make?
Salary of Biology Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree
The median salary of biology students who receive their bachelor's degree at Colorado State is $28,000. This is higher than $27,600, which is the national median for all biology bachelor's degree recipients.
How Much Student Debt Do Biology Graduates from Colorado State Have?
Student Debt of Biology Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree
While getting their bachelor's degree at Colorado State, biology students borrow a median amount of $21,500 in student loans. This is not too bad considering that the median debt load of all biology bachelor's degree recipients across the country is $24,715.
The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the biology program at Colorado State is $223 per month.
Biology Student Diversity at Colorado State
Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the biology majors at Colorado State University - Fort Collins.
Colorado State General Biology Bachelor’s Program
The biology program at Colorado State awarded 260 bachelor's degrees in 2018-2019. About 31% of these degrees went to men with the other 69% going to women.
The majority of the students with this major are white. About 75% of 2019 graduates were in this category.
The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Colorado State University - Fort Collins with a bachelor's in biology.
|Ethnic Background||Number of Students|
|Black or African American||0|
|Hispanic or Latino||26|
Colorado State General Biology Master’s Program
The biology program at Colorado State awarded 75 master's degrees in 2018-2019. About 23% of these degrees went to men with the other 77% going to women.
The majority of the students with this major are white. About 71% of 2019 graduates were in this category.
The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Colorado State University - Fort Collins with a master's in biology.
|Ethnic Background||Number of Students|
|Black or African American||2|
|Hispanic or Latino||10|
Most Popular Related Majors
|Related Major||Annual Graduates|
|Ecology, Evolution & Systematics Biology||109|
|Microbiological Sciences & Immunology||105|
|Biochemistry, Biophysics & Molecular Biology||73|
|Neurobiology & Neurosciences||43|
More about our data sources and methodologies.
|Request Info||Southern New Hampshire University You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs. Learn More >|
|Request Info||Purdue University Building on Purdue’s mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Global delivers a fully personalized online experience that’s tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from the prestigious Purdue University system—completely online. Learn More >|
|Request Info||Grand Canyon University (GCU) With a spotlight on intellectual creativity and innovation for the 21stcentury, the College of Humanities and Social Sciences at GCU provides a job focused education. It blends the study of traditional humanities in a modern context. Through academic inquiry and beyond the box thinking, the college advances our society and its accomplishments. Learn More >|
|Request Info||Northcentral University Northcentral University (NCU) was founded to provide accessible, high-quality, online graduate degrees to working professionals. As a regionally accredited, online university, NCU serves students worldwide, focusing on Doctoral and Master's degree programs in the Schools of Business and Technology Management, Education, Psychology, and Marriage and Family Sciences. Learn More >|
|Request Info||Colorado Technical University (CTU) CTU could help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional community, faculty who are real-world professionals, and innovative technology. Learn More >|