Academics at Cuyamaca College - Majors, Faculty & More
Wondering what academic life at Cuyamaca College will be like? In addition to the degrees and majors, as well as the faculty composition at Cuyamaca College this section includes detailed information on freshman retention rates, reasons students did not graduate, and an analysis of full-time and tenured faculty vs. adjunct teaching staff.
All About Academics
What's the point of going to college without academics? Find out more about the faculty and staff, what majors and fields of study are offered at this college, and information on online classes if offered. Here are some of the things you'll learn in this section.
- The student to faculty (instructor) ratio.
- The Majors offered at this college.
- What online and distance learning options are available.
The total number of instructional staff teaching the 8,824 undergraduate students at Cuyamaca College is 384 . When this is adjusted to account for those with part-time status, the result is the "full-time equivalent" (FTE) count. Using the FTE count for students and staff results in a "student to instructor" ratio of 25 to 1 which places Cuyamaca College among the worst concerning instructional attention.
|For every instructor (FTE) at Cuyamaca College , there are 25 undergraduate students (FTE). This ratio is among the worst regrading instructional attention.|
|A slim percentage of the instructors (29.0% ) are full-time.|
The vast majority of instructors (100.0%
) are "faculty" rather than "lecturers".
Most Popular Majors
Cuyamaca College offers 54 distinct undergraduate degrees, concentrated into 45 majors within 26 broad fields of study. Across all fields of study, Cuyamaca College awarded 1,128 undergraduate degrees in 2019 - 2020 .
|Most Popular Majors||Associates Graduations||Bachelors Graduations||All Graduations|
|Liberal Arts General Studies||254||0||254|
|Business Administration & Management||126||0||126|
|Biological & Physical Science||123||0||123|
|Human Development & Family Studies||49||0||49|
Additional Questions to Ask
- Are you looking for a lot of flexibility? Does this college offer online or summer classes that might help you finish your degree?
- Interested in graduate school? How many students from this college go on to achieve additional degrees?
- Will a degree from this school land you a job? How many graduates were employed full time a year after graduating?