Engineering Technologies at Eastern Michigan University

Engineering Technologies at Eastern Michigan University

We've pulled together some essential information you should know about the program, including how many students graduate each year, the ethnic diversity of these students, and more. In addition, we cover how Eastern Michigan ranks in comparison to other schools with engineering tech programs.

Jump to any of the following sections:

Engineering Technologies Degrees Available at Eastern Michigan

Eastern Michigan Engineering Tech Rankings

The bachelor's program at Eastern Michigan was ranked #218 on College Factual's Best Schools for engineering tech list. It is also ranked #15 in Michigan.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular Doctor’s Degree Colleges for Engineering Technologies 7
Best Value Doctor’s Degree Colleges for Engineering Technologies 10
Most Focused Doctor’s Degree Colleges for Engineering Technologies 10
Best Engineering Technologies Doctor’s Degree Schools 15
Most Popular Master’s Degree Colleges for Engineering Technologies 34
Most Popular Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Engineering Technologies 43
Most Focused Master’s Degree Colleges for Engineering Technologies 49
Best Value Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Engineering Technologies 71
Best Engineering Technologies Master’s Degree Schools 71
Best Value Master’s Degree Colleges for Engineering Technologies 97
Most Focused Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Engineering Technologies 121
Best Engineering Technologies Bachelor’s Degree Schools 148

Popularity of Engineering Tech at Eastern Michigan

During the 2019-2020 academic year, Eastern Michigan University handed out 112 bachelor's degrees in engineering technologies. Due to this, the school was ranked #50 in popularity out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 1% over the previous year when 113 degrees were handed out.

In 2020, 75 students received their master’s degree in engineering tech from Eastern Michigan. This makes it the #20 most popular school for engineering tech master’s degree candidates in the country.

In addition, 12 students received their doctoral degrees in engineering tech in 2020, making the school the #4 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

Engineering Tech Student Diversity at Eastern Michigan

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the engineering tech majors at Eastern Michigan University.

Eastern Michigan Engineering Technologies Bachelor’s Program

Of the 112 students who graduated with a Bachelor’s in engineering tech from Eastern Michigan in 2020, 83% were men and 17% were women.

undefined

The majority of bachelor's degree recipients in this major at Eastern Michigan are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 65% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Eastern Michigan University with a bachelor's in engineering tech.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 7
Black or African American 11
Hispanic or Latino 3
White 73
Non-Resident Aliens 12
Other Races 6

Eastern Michigan Engineering Technologies Master’s Program

In the 2019-2020 academic year, 56 students earned a master's degree in engineering tech from Eastern Michigan. About 34% of these graduates were women and the other 66% were men.

undefined

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Eastern Michigan University with a master's in engineering tech.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 3
Black or African American 4
Hispanic or Latino 2
White 23
Non-Resident Aliens 24
Other Races 0

Engineering Tech Majors

Engineering Technologies students may decide to major in one of the following focus areas. Individual majors may not be available for all degree levels.

Major Annual Graduates
Engineering-Related Fields 59
Mechanical Engineering Technology 29
Computer Engineering Technology 18
Industrial Production Technology 16
Engineering Technology (Other) 14
Electronics Engineering Technology 11
Drafting & Design Engineering Technology 10
Quality Control Technology 9
General Engineering Technology 6
Construction Engineering Technology 2

Majors Similar to Engineering Tech

Related Major Annual Graduates
Computer & Information Sciences 168
Biological & Biomedical Sciences 144
Physical Sciences 53
Mathematics & Statistics 29
Natural Resources & Conservation 26

View All Engineering Technologies Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Find Schools Near You