Film, Video & Photographic Arts at Emerson Collegevisual & performing arts program at Emerson College.
We've pulled together some essential information you should know about the program, including how many students graduate each year, the ethnic diversity of these students, average starting salaries, and more. We've also included details on how Emerson ranks compared to other colleges offering a major in film.
Go directly to any of the following sections:
Film, Video & Photographic Arts Degrees Available at Emerson
- Bachelor’s Degree in Film
Emerson Film Rankings
In College Factual's most recent rankings for the best schools for film majors, Emerson came in at #5. This puts it in the top 5% of the country in this field of study. It is also ranked #1 in Massachusetts.
Popularity of Film at Emerson
During the 2018-2019 academic year, Emerson College handed out 460 bachelor's degrees in film, video and photographic arts. Due to this, the school was ranked #2 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 10% over the previous year when 420 degrees were handed out.
How Much Do Film Graduates from Emerson Make?
Salary of Film Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree
The median salary of film students who receive their bachelor's degree at Emerson is $26,300. This is great news for graduates of the program, since this figure is higher than the national average of $22,250 for all film bachelor's degree recipients.
How Much Student Debt Do Film Graduates from Emerson Have?
Student Debt of Film Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree
While getting their bachelor's degree at Emerson, film students borrow a median amount of $21,500 in student loans. This is not too bad considering that the median debt load of all film bachelor's degree recipients across the country is $25,000.
The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the film program at Emerson is $223 per month.
Film Student Diversity at Emerson
Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the film majors at Emerson College.
Emerson Film, Video & Photographic Arts Bachelor’s Program
In the 2018-2019 academic year, 460 students earned a bachelor's degree in film from Emerson. About 48% of these graduates were women and the other 52% were men.
The majority of the students with this major are white. About 62% of 2019 graduates were in this category.
The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Emerson College with a bachelor's in film.
|Ethnic Background||Number of Students|
|Black or African American||15|
|Hispanic or Latino||55|
Most Popular Related Majors
|Related Major||Annual Graduates|
|Drama & Theater Arts||114|
More about our data sources and methodologies.
|Request Info||Southern New Hampshire University You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs. Learn More >|
|Request Info||Purdue University Building on Purdue’s mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Global delivers a fully personalized online experience that’s tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from the prestigious Purdue University system—completely online. Learn More >|
|Request Info||Grand Canyon University (GCU) With a spotlight on intellectual creativity and innovation for the 21stcentury, the College of Humanities and Social Sciences at GCU provides a job focused education. It blends the study of traditional humanities in a modern context. Through academic inquiry and beyond the box thinking, the college advances our society and its accomplishments. Learn More >|
|Request Info||Northcentral University Northcentral University (NCU) was founded to provide accessible, high-quality, online graduate degrees to working professionals. As a regionally accredited, online university, NCU serves students worldwide, focusing on Doctoral and Master's degree programs in the Schools of Business and Technology Management, Education, Psychology, and Marriage and Family Sciences. Learn More >|
|Request Info||Colorado Technical University (CTU) CTU could help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional community, faculty who are real-world professionals, and innovative technology. Learn More >|