All About Academics
What's the point of going to college without academics? Find out more about the faculty and staff, what majors and fields of study are offered at this college, and information on online classes if offered. Here are some of the things you'll learn in this section.
- The student to faculty (instructor) ratio.
- The Majors offered at this college.
- What online and distance learning options are available.
The total number of instructional staff teaching the 1,935 undergraduate students at New Mexico Highlands University is 290. When this is adjusted to account for those with part-time status, the result is the "full-time equivalent" (FTE) count. Using the FTE count for students and staff results in a "student to instructor" ratio of 12 to 1 which makes New Mexico Highlands University better than the typical college regarding instructional attention.
|For every instructor (FTE) at New Mexico Highlands University, there are 12 undergraduate students (FTE). This ratio is better than the typical college concerning instructional attention.|
|A significant percentage of the instructors (49.0%) are full-time.|
A significant percentage of instructors (49.0%) are "faculty" rather than "lecturers".
Most Popular Majors
New Mexico Highlands University offers 38 distinct undergraduate degrees, concentrated into 34 majors within 20 broad fields of study. Across all fields of study, New Mexico Highlands University awarded 572 undergraduate degrees in 2017 - 2018.
|Most Popular Majors||Associates Graduations||Bachelors Graduations||All Graduations|
|Mental & Social Health Services||0||122||122|
|Business Administration & Management||0||85||85|
|Teacher Education Subject Specific||0||46||46|
|Criminal Justice & Corrections||0||43||43|
Additional Questions to Ask
- Are you looking for a lot of flexibility? Does this college offer online or summer classes that might help you finish your degree?
- Interested in graduate school? How many students from this college go on to achieve additional degrees?
- Will a degree from this school land you a job? How many graduates were employed full time a year after graduating?