Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

History at Northern Kentucky University

Find Schools Near

History at Northern Kentucky University

The History major is part of the history program at Northern Kentucky University.

We've pulled together some essential information you should know about the program, including how many students graduate each year, the ethnic diversity of these students, average starting salaries, and more. In addition, we cover how NKU ranks in comparison to other schools with history programs.

Jump to any of the following sections:

History Degrees Available at NKU

  • Bachelor’s Degree in History
  • Master’s Degree in History

NKU History Rankings

The bachelor's program at NKU was ranked #468 on College Factual's Best Schools for history list. It is also ranked #4 in Kentucky.

Ranking Type Rank
Best History Colleges for Veterans 221
Most Focused Colleges for History 510
Highest Paid History Graduates 711

Popularity of History at NKU

During the 2017-2018 academic year, Northern Kentucky University handed out 50 bachelor's degrees in history. Due to this, the school was ranked #198 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 25% over the previous year when 40 degrees were handed out.

In 2018, 15 students received their master’s degree in history from NKU. This makes it the #42 most popular school for history master’s degree candidates in the country.

How Much Do History Graduates from NKU Make?

Salary of History Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

History majors who earn their bachelor's degree from NKU go on to jobs where they make a median salary of $27,900 a year. This is less than $28,200, which is the national median of all history majors in the nation who earn bachelor's degrees.

undefined

How Much Student Debt Do History Graduates from NKU Have?

Student Debt of History Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

While getting their bachelor's degree at NKU, history students borrow a median amount of $28,965 in student loans. This is higher than the the typical median of $23,250 for all history majors across the country.

undefined

The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the history program at NKU is $301 per month.

NKU History Students

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the history majors at Northern Kentucky University.

NKU History Bachelor’s Program

In the 2017-2018 academic year, 50 students earned a bachelor's degree in history from NKU. About 36% of these graduates were women and the other 64% were men.

NKU Gender Breakdown of History Bachelor's Degree Grads

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 88% of 2018 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Northern Kentucky University with a bachelor's in history.

Ethnic Diversity of History Majors at Northern Kentucky University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 44
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 5

NKU History Master’s Program

During the 2017-2018 academic year, 15 history majors earned their master's degree from NKU. Of these graduates, 60% were men and 40% were women.

NKU Gender Breakdown of History Master's Degree Grads

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 93% of 2018 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Northern Kentucky University with a master's in history.

Ethnic Diversity of History Majors at Northern Kentucky University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 14
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 0

Areas of Concentration for History

History students may decide to concentrate in one of the following focus areas. Individual focus areas may not be available for all degree levels.

Concentration Annual Graduates
General History 50
Public/Applied History 15

References

Find Schools Near You