Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Communication & Journalism at Fitchburg State University

Find Schools Near

Communication & Journalism at Fitchburg State University

We've gathered data and other essential information about the program, such as the ethnicity of students, how many students graduated in recent times, and more. In addition, we cover how Fitchburg State ranks in comparison to other schools with communication and journalism programs.

Go directly to any of the following sections:

Communication & Journalism Degrees Available at Fitchburg State

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Communication & Journalism
  • Master’s Degree in Communication & Journalism

Fitchburg State Communication & Journalism Rankings

The bachelor's program at Fitchburg State was ranked #348 on College Factual's Best Schools for communication and journalism list. It is also ranked #14 in Massachusetts.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Value Colleges for Communication & Journalism 127
Best Communication & Journalism Colleges for Non-Traditional Students 269
Best Colleges for Communication & Journalism 348
Highest Paid Communication & Journalism Graduates 364
Best Communication & Journalism Colleges for Veterans 364
Most Popular Colleges for Communication & Journalism 681
Most Focused Colleges for Communication & Journalism 766

Popularity of Communication & Journalism at Fitchburg State

During the 2018-2019 academic year, Fitchburg State University handed out 28 bachelor's degrees in communication and journalism. Due to this, the school was ranked #681 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 33% over the previous year when 42 degrees were handed out.

In 2019, 3 students received their master’s degree in communication and journalism from Fitchburg State. This makes it the #342 most popular school for communication and journalism master’s degree candidates in the country.

Fitchburg State Communication & Journalism Students

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the communication and journalism majors at Fitchburg State University.

Fitchburg State Communication & Journalism Bachelor’s Program

Of the 28 communication and journalism students who graduated with a bachelor's degree in 2018-2019 from Fitchburg State, about 43% were men and 57% were women.

Fitchburg State Gender Breakdown of Communication & Journalism Bachelor's Degree Grads

The majority of bachelor's degree recipients in this major at Fitchburg State are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 75% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Fitchburg State University with a bachelor's in communication and journalism.

Ethnic Diversity of Communication & Journalism Majors at Fitchburg State University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 2
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 2
White 21
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 2

Fitchburg State Communication & Journalism Master’s Program

The communication and journalism program at Fitchburg State awarded 3 master's degrees in 2018-2019. About 33% of these degrees went to men with the other 67% going to women.

Fitchburg State Gender Breakdown of Communication & Journalism Master's Degree Grads

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 67% of 2019 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Fitchburg State University with a master's in communication and journalism.

Ethnic Diversity of Communication & Journalism Majors at Fitchburg State University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 2
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 1

Communication & Journalism Majors

Communication and Journalism students may decide to major in one of the following focus areas. Individual majors may not be available for all degree levels.

Major Annual Graduates
Communication & Media Studies 31
Radio, Television & Digital Communication 1

Majors Similar to Communication & Journalism

Related Major Annual Graduates
Education 379
Psychology 46
Social Sciences 32
History 15

View All Communication & Journalism Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You