2021 Top Utah Men's D1 Football Schools
When it comes to choosing a college, student athletes have a lot of options - but not all of them are good. College Factual has developed its Best Colleges for Division I Men's Football in Utah ranking as one item you can use to help make this decision.
We analyzed 2 colleges and universities across Utah to determine which were the best for D1 Men's Football athletes in Utah. Instead of depending on subjective information, we focus on objective factors to determine this ranking. These factors include such things as the athletic competitiveness of the school and the school's overall quality. This means that a school must provide students with a great education in addition to having a good sports team if it wants to rank well.
We've developed a number of other tools and rankings to help you make your college decision. Start by filtering this list by location and then explore our other rankings that feature schools great for different groups of students such as online students or returnings adults.
You can create your own custom comparison that focuses on the factors most important to you using our tool, College Combat. If you're torn between two schools, you can use it to help you see how they stack up against one another. Bookmark it so you can compare any new schools that might interest you.
Top Colleges in Utah for D1 Men's Football athletes in Utah
See which schools came out on top of our ranking:
Our analysis found Southern Utah University to be the best school for D1 Men’s Football athletes in Utah in this year’s ranking. Southern Utah University is a fairly large public school located in Cedar City, Utah that handed out 1,203 bachelor’s degrees in 2018-2019.
The team at Southern Utah University took home $4,384,472 in revenue and paid out $3,762,056 in expenses in recent times. Thus, the team actually made $622,416, which isn’t bad at all. The academic progress rate of the team is 953.Request Information
A rank of #2 on our list means Weber State University is a great place for D1 Men’s Football athletes in Utah working on their bachelor’s degree. WSU is located in Ogden, Utah and, has a large student population. In 2018-2019, this school awarded 2,451 bachelor’s degrees to qualified undergraduates.
On the financial side of things, the FCS Men’s Football team at WSU made $4,092,794 in revenue. The team has a respectable academic progress rate of 957.Request Information
Notes and References
*Avg Tuition and Fees and Avg 4-Year Grad Rate are for the top 2 schools only.
- The Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), a branch of the U.S. Department of Education (DOE) serves as the core of our data about colleges.
- Revenue and expense information comes from the U.S. Department of Education’s Equity in Athletics Data Analysis (EADA) website.
- The academic progress rate (APR) of each team was made available by the NCAA.
- Some other college data, including much of the graduate earnings data, comes from the U.S. Department of Education’s (College Scorecard).
- Information about the national average student loan default rate is from the U.S. Department of Education and refers to data about the 2016 borrower cohort tracking period for which the cohort default rate (CDR) was 10.1%.
More about our data sources and methodologies.